Psychology to help you better manage and build resilience in every day life
Psychology for your health
The purpose of our psychology services at Breathe Holistic Health is to deeply improve your quality of life and relationships. We offer a supportive space for you to heal, learn, grow and feel confident to take action that’s going to change your life for the better.
Our AHPRA registered psychologists provide evidence-based treatment tailored to your individual needs. Care starts with an initial assessment to help our team understand your specific health goals, and build a recommended care plan. We use state-of-the-art technology and assessment questionnaires to track your outcomes throughout treatment and ensure you’re reaching your desired health goals.
Psychology sessions are here to help you develop new and useful skills and strategies that help you understand, explain and change your behaviours, emotions and mental processes that affect your health. Many people continue to experience increased positive gains over time, long after the sessions end.
Our team has a special interest in providing effective treatment for clients suffering with chronic pain syndromes, such as fibromyalgia, recurrent headaches and migraines, and low back pain.
What is a Psychologist?
Psychologists are university educated and trained allied health practitioners that provide their expertise by assessing and diagnosing a range of problems, developing strategies and treatments, and offering guidance and support.
Psychologists provide these services in a wide range of public and private settings, including health, mental health, disability, family services, community, schools, corporate and business, education, sport and the performing arts.
Many people at some point in their lives will have need for psychological support or care. Here are just a few examples:
- A child with behaviour problems
- School students with learning difficulties
- An adolescent with severe shyness
- Parents needing advice and support
- A young person dealing with sexuality issues
- Military personnel coping with trauma
- People suffering from the stresses of modern life
- A new mother not coping
- Couples and families with relationship challenges
- Organisational leaders wanting the best out of their staff
- A retrenched worker with depression
- Individuals struggling with long-term mental illness
- Court judges deciding what’s best for children of
- A truck driver with alcohol problems
- Elite athletes seeking peak performance
- A young person contemplating suicide
- People dealing with major health problems
- A retiree coping with loss
- Individuals battling addictions
- Victims of natural disasters
- Elderly people living with dementia
- Rural communities struggling with severe drought
- Policy makers seeking advice on criminal behaviour
We offer individual consultations for adults and youths (aged 16+), and treatment features a variety of evidence-based techniques and therapeutic approaches that are tailored to meet your specific needs. Some examples of what people experience and seek help with may include chronic stress, anxiety, depression, grief and loss, significant life transitions, developmental issues, relationship difficulties, trauma, sexual abuse/assault, maintaining healthy lifestyles, and managing chronic pain and/or ill-health conditions. There is also increasing evidence to show that the benefits of psychological therapy are enhanced when combined with other holistic modalities such Chiropractic, as well as movement-based exercises such as yoga. Psychology therapeutic approaches may include Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and Interpersonal Process Therapy.
Need help? New appointments guaranteed within 48 hours!
Pregnancy is a journey, to say the least. You are faced with meeting social demands and expectations. On top of this, you will also face physiological, mental and lifestyle changes. Perhaps this leaves you feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Know that this is OK because...read more
Gentle Yin Yoga Yin yoga is a slower sequence of postures designed to increase flexibility and encourage a feeling of release and letting go. This style of Yoga focuses on passive, seated postures that target the connective tissues in the hips, pelvis and lower spine....read more
Shop 1, 110 Monaco St, Broadbeach Waters QLD 4218
(07) 5679 5593
We are social